INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
(1) Nonpersonally Identifiable Information (“Anonymous Information”): This refers to information that does not by itself identify an individual. This information generally includes anonymous information about an individual’s use of our Site that includes, but is not limited to, information concerning date and time of visit, the pages of the site visited, path through the Site, IP address, and the type of browser and operating system used.
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers, the main computers that serve up web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. As permitted under applicable law, B.HOM collects IP addresses for the purpose of system administration, gathering and analyzing aggregated information, creating a better experience for users and auditing the use of our Site.
We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that your session will be logged, but you remain anonymous to us. We will seek to link your IP address when we feel it is necessary to protect this site and other users from harm and to prevent criminal misconduct.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual for record-keeping purposes. When you use our site, we will store cookies on your computer to facilitate and customize your use of our Site. Cookies make web surfing easier for you by saving your preferences while you are on our Site. These cookies make your use of the Site easier, make the Site run more smoothly and help us to maintain a secure Site.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you want to change your cookie preferences, you can do so through your browser settings or refuse the cookies when you enter the website. Please remember that our cookies are often used to give you certain functionality and without them you may not be able to use some of our Site. You can remove cookies that have already been set in your browser via your browser settings.
How We Use Anonymous Information
Anonymous information is used internally for Site administration, troubleshooting and to help improve the quality of our web pages. We may share aggregated information, such as demographics, with our existing and prospective business partners and advertisers; however, none of the aggregated information that we share will contain Personal Information.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information (“Personal Information”): This refers to information that can help us identify or locate an individual. This information includes, but is not limited to, your first and last name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card number, social security number, employment information and financial information.
We do not collect any Personal Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. This information is generally collected when you fill out forms or applications for one of our properties or correspond with us. If you disclose your Personal Information, we will only store and use such information that we need to meet your requests and our legitimate business objectives. We may ask you to provide us with Personal Information on a voluntary basis for the following purposes:
We offer visitors to this Site the opportunity to submit a rental application online. We collect Personal Information such as your name, address, date of birth, and social security number to process your rental application. We also offer residents of B.HOM properties the opportunity to use various online services, including an online payment system and service requests. In order to take advantage of these services, you must create a login name and password (“User Account”) and provide us with your contact information.
On our Site, there are forms for each B.HOM property in which you can submit comments, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions. Your name and email address are required so that we can process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
We offer residents who have a User Account the opportunity to sign up for email notifications, text notifications, and voice calls regarding announcements and events. In order to sign up for these communications, you must create a User Account and provide us your contact information, such as your name and address.
How We Use Personal Information
Personal information collected by B.HOM will be used for purposes including administration of our site, for communications with visitors who submit requests for information, and to allow visitors who have created a user account to submit an application or to use online resident services.
EMAIL CONSENT AND OPT-OUT
You may choose to opt out of receiving future commercial email messages from us as a result of your use of this Site. Each mass commercial email sent by us contains a link with instructions on how to remove yourself from our email list. Please note that you will need to opt-out separately from any third-party sites you have registered with.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
B.HOM will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others but may disclose Personal Information with third-party vendors and service providers that work with B.HOM. We will only share Personal Information with these vendors and service providers to help us provide a product or service to you. Examples of third parties we work with are waste service providers, utility service providers, financial institutions, and alarm service providers. These third parties only have access to Personal Information necessary for them to complete their service.
As we continue to develop our business, there may be transactions in which a property has a change in ownership, a change in management, or there may be a sale of the property. In such transactions, your Personal Information may be transferred.
B.HOM may be required to disclose Personal Information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or legal process, (b) protect and defend our rights and property, (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site, or (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
B.HOM takes reasonable technical and organizational measures in accordance with applicable laws to safeguard users’ Personal Information.
We limit access to Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to receive such information to provide our services in order to do their jobs, and we take the precautions we deem reasonable to protect the security of users’ Personal Information. We also work very hard to ensure that our employees are aware of the sensitivity of the data submitted to us and that they handle it with care, being careful not to allow any improper access by third parties.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
B.HOM will retain your personal data for as long as required to perform the purposes for which the data was collected, depending on the legal basis for which that data was obtained and/or whether additional legal/regulatory obligations mandate that we retain your personal data. We may also retain personal data for the period during which a claim may be made in relation to our dealings with you.
THIRD-PARTY SITE LINKS
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
B.HOM recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy and safety of children. Our Site and services are directed towards the general audience and not directed towards children. We do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 13 or minors otherwise defined in local law or regulation without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that someone under 13 has provided personal information through our Site, we will use reasonable efforts to remove that information from our databases.
UPDATING AND CORRECTING INFORMATION
We aim to keep our information as accurate as possible and encourage you to promptly update your information if it changes. You may, at any time, access your information to update, modify, or delete any inaccuracies by accessing your resident portal account or by contacting the B.HOM property in which you provided your information.
INQUIRIES, COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
All complaints will be evaluated and a reply will be sent as soon as appropriate. In some instances, B.HOM may have to cease services to you if necessary to satisfy your request.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, or providing information to us, you signify your agreement to our Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use this site or provide information to us.
Last Revised on: 2/25/2020
Definitions Specific to this Policy
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include publicly available information obtained from government records; deidentified or aggregated consumer information that cannot be reconstructed to identify you; any information covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act or the California Financial Information Privacy Act, activities covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or protected health information as defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
“Sale” or “sell” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a Third Party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
“Service Provider” means a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, corporation, association, or other legal entity that is organized or operated for the profit or financial benefit of its shareholders or other owners, that processes information on behalf of a business and to which the business discloses a consumer’s Personal Information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract.
“Third Party” means a person or entity who is not a business that collects Personal Information from consumers, as defined in the CCPA, and to whom the business discloses a consumer’s Personal Information for a business purpose pursuant to a written contract.
The Personal Information We Collect and Disclose
B.HOM Student Living does not sell Personal Information.
The information below describes the categories of Personal Information we may collect, examples of the type of Personal Information in each category, and all types of Third Parties with whom Personal Information is shared. We disclose certain Personal Information to Third Parties for a business purpose. We do not sell Personal Information to Third Parties. This information covers the past 12 months.
Personal Information Categories
- Identifiers: name, user/account name, postal address, email address, contact information, internet protocol address, internet cookie identification number, social security number, taxpayer identification number, bank account/credit card number, driver’s license number, passport number, date of birth, picture, resident identification number, device identification number, emergency contact details.
- Personal Information categories listed in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, passport number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, financial information, medical or health insurance information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, veteran or military status.
- Commercial Information: records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, other purchasing histories or tendencies, utility bills, insurance claimant name and contact information, credit history, lease information, rental history, rent amount.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: browsing history, search history, internet protocol address, cookie identification number, information regarding consumer’s interaction with a website, internet postings.
- Sensory data: pictures, videos, and sounds.
- Employment or other professional information: current job and past job history, job title, and, in the case of prospective and current residents or tenants, pay history, income.
Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Information
- Contracted service providers who provide IT, system administration and hosting, payment processing, research and analytics, marketing and data enrichment for the purposes set forth above.
- Our affiliates as required based on the affiliate’s relationship with you or where sharing of data is necessary to fulfill a request you have submitted.
- Sponsors of events, contests and promotions in which you have expressed interest or for which you have registered.
- Third Party advertising networks and websites that enable B.HOM Student Living to market and advertise on Third Party platforms and sites.
- Professional advisors such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- Third Parties who are part of a business transition such as a merger, reorganization or the sale of all or a part of our business.
We will not collect a category of Personal Information not listed above.
Personal Information of Minors
We do not sell the Personal Information of minors.
Right to Opt-Out
We do not sell Personal Information.
Disclosure of Data Collection and Sharing Practices
You have the right to request certain information regarding the Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months. You may make such a request up to twice in a 12-month span. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to the CCPA, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
If you would like to request: (1) the categories of Personal Information collected about you; (2) the categories of sources providing that Personal Information; (3) the categories of Third Parties with whom we have shared that Personal Information; and (4) the business purpose for collecting that Personal Information, click here. The preceding link will take you to a form that you can complete and submit to make a request for information that we will then verify.
If you would like to request the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you, click here. The link will take you to a form that you can complete and submit to make a request for information that we will then verify; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request
Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information that we have collected. Please note that there are circumstances in which we may not be able to comply with your request pursuant to the CCPA, including when we cannot verify your request and/or when there is a conflict with our own obligations to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements. We will notify you following submission of your request if this is the case.
B.HOM Student Living generally collects information in connection with leasing apartments to residents to facilitate the operation and security of a community. In order to comply with legal obligations, much of this personal information is exempt from deletion under the CCPA. We may not delete some or all personal information if it is necessary for us, or our service providers or affiliates, such as to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of B.HOM Student Living’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer,
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity,
to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality,
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law,
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code,
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with B.HOM Student Living,
- Comply with a legal obligation, or
- Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
If you would like to request that we delete your non-exempt Personal Information pursuant to the requirements of the CCPA, click here. The preceding link will take you to a form that you can complete and submit to make a request for deletion that we will then verify; if you use the telephone number, you will be guided through a process that will allow you to submit a verifiable request.
To help maintain security around resident information, we ask that you provide a few pieces of information about yourself. We will only use the information you provide to verify your identity and the Personal Information that is relevant to your request. We will retain a record of your request, but we will not retain the information you provide beyond the period of time necessary to respond to your request. Verification of identity will be completed via phone, email or postal mail correspondence.
- Mailing address:
- Telephone number:
- Email address:
- Resident or Applicant:
- If Resident
1. Unit number:
2. Do you still live at this community?
- Proof of residence in California at the time we collected Personal Information
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf.
Pursuant to the CCPA:
- Only a business entity or natural person registered with the California Secretary of State may act as an authorized agent.
- You must provide notarized written consent for the authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf.
- We may deny a request from an authorized agent on your behalf if the authorized agent does not submit proof that he, she, or it has been authorized by you to act on your behalf if we request such proof, as permitted by the CCPA.
- Even if you use an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf, pursuant to the CCPA we may still require that you verify your own identity directly to us. This provision does not apply if you have provided with a power of attorney under California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
B.HOM Student Living
Attn: Consumer Privacy
400 Locust St., Suite 790
Contact our team for more info 👇
Learn more about our limited time special